How to build a disk image containing the Mac OS X Installer
I - Create an installer
You first have to create an installer (tool or GUI).
We have setup some files for you to do an installation or a clean installation (removing the previous installation and installing the new client).
Refer to the document : "Installing the client with a GUI application"
to tailor these files with your parameters.
A lot of usefull information is also present in these documents :
II -Procedure to build a disk image containing the GUI installer
The procedure is easy :
- Create a folder "trackbird_macx_installer" on your Desktop.
- Copy your GUI application "trackbird_macx_installer.app" or "trackbird_macx_clean_installer.app" in the folder "trackbird_macx_installer"
- Open the application "Disk Utility" found in "/Applications/Utilities".
In a terminal window, you may enter :
$ open /Applications/Utilities/Disk\ Utility.app
or double click on "Disk Utility.app".
- Select "Images/New/Image from folder" in the menu. Select the folder "trackbird_macx_installer".
- Choose "comprimed" for the format of the disk image
- Save your disk image to your desktop as "trackbird_macx_installer.dmg"
- "Internet Enable" you disk image.
In a terminal window type :
$ hdiutil internet-enable -yes ~/Desktop/trackbird_macx_installer.dmg
(For more details, refer to http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/SoftwareDistribution/Concepts/sd_disk_images.html).
- Copy your disk image "trackbird_macx_installer.dmg" to the PC running 'TrackBird Admin IP".
It should be located in the folder : "C:\program Files\ISTRIA\TrackBird IP Server\VirtualDir\files\install" if you have installed "TrackBird IP Server" in the folder "C:\program Files\ISTRIA\TrackBird IP Server".